AIMES Homes Support Staff Job Description
AIMES HOMES, Inc.
Under direction, assists in developing and maintaining consumers’ programs and evaluating consumers’ care, works closely with other members of the treatment team to fulfill all IPP plans.
Typical Work Performed
- Follow the directions of the Administrator and the Lead Staff, and report to the Lead Staff directly;
- Supervise and teach consumers who have behavioral, emotional, forensic, and developmental disabilities;
- Implement the consumers’ objectives and behavior plans specified in the IPP;
- Supervise the consumers on all tasks, training and community integration activities;
- Assist consumers with personal care needs (ADLS) as necessary to maintain hygiene;
- Report all incidents and occurrences to the Lead Staff and Administrator, including all incidents of possible abuse or neglect;
- Maintain and enforce the conditions which are necessary for the residential program to operate: upholding the health and safety of residents, colleagues and the public; being responsible to see to it that neatness and cleanliness are maintained, including the performance of yard maintenance;
- Provide transportation of consumers as required using company vehicles and personal vehicles;
- Present self appropriately and as a role model for consumers and other support staff at home and in the community;
- Attend weekly contact meeting with Lead Staff;
- Attend all required in-services;
- Facilitates necessary communication, both verbal and written of matters which are essential to all staff of the assigned and the oncoming shift;
- Complete all charting daily to ensure that consumers’ data is up to date;
- Follow activities schedule, keep consumers active and always give them a choice; and
- Will know and follow emergency plan and procedures, and follow them to ensure safety to the consumers.
Sitting, standing, working with office equipment, driving, dealing with abusive language or violent behavior from consumers; working irregular shifts, working alone and independently, working with others, fast workplace, frequent changes, exposure to emotional crises, meeting deadlines, communication skills, writing and reading, and possible exposure to communicable diseases.
All Support Staff will have completed their Year One DSP training, for those with qualifying experience without the completion of the DSP training.
- Support Staff are required to possess valid CPR and First Aid cards, a valid California Drivers License, current DMV printout, proof of insurance coverage, and proof that they have successfully completed a CPI training course, and have fingerprinting through the Department of Social Services.
- Support Staff will have a health screening physical and a negative TB test.
Special Skills Needed
- Must be patient and have the capacity to work with very difficult behaviors and their overall people skills;
- Must be able to read, write and speak comprehensible English; and
- Must have good overall people skills.
Lines of Supervision
- Will report directly to Lead Staff.